Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day...with TRON Legacy?

One of the things I remember very clearly about childhood are the movies. The Capri Theater has been closed for years, but when I think of the first time I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark or Star Wars, the Capri is what I'm remembering. From the time I was so small I had to sit on the front of the folding seat with it still in the upright position so that I could see, to the time I had to start making sure I didn't sit in front of little kids. In the summers if you had breakfast at the fast food place (I don't remember the name, only that they had Tater tots) you could show up and watch several movies for free.... which is how I discovered Godzilla, Jason and the Argonauts... and a whole, bunch of other movies, but Tron... Tron I had to pay to see.

One thing I always remembered about Tron was wishing they'd made *the game*, not Tron. They made two of those, of which Disks of Tron was the better, but I always wanted to play Space Paranoids! You know? The one that was Flynn's game? The non-existent tank game?

No?

Well now you can get a refresher course! I'm guessing the release has a little something to do with the upcoming release of Tron Legacy, but regardless of how it came to be, it's here.

How cool is that?!?

Oh, and speaking of cool... I can't wait to see Tron Legacy. You can check out the trailers here and here. Yup. I'm a nerd. :) For those of you in Mobile, I'll be there this coming weekend for Mobicon. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Karen said...

OMG! Intellivision! My very first gaming system & I had the Tron games. Still do!! (Well, my dad has them...sigh...but I still play them when I visit.) They weren't my favorite games tho - my favorite was Dracula! lol. You had to rise with the moon, knock on doors & bite people, then get back to the cemetery before sunrise.

We had a Paramount movie theatre - the big screen was the best - that allowed you to bring your own popcorn & drinks to matinees. We would make big bags of it & go to the saturday double feature. The cost was $1.50! Can't do that anymore. I can still smell it when I think about it and feel the red velvet seats under my fingers.

(I'm a total geek, too.)