Friday, February 15, 2008

Wow! This All Takes A Long Time Part III

So... my last timeline brought us up to November 25th, so of course now I need to back up a step and include something I left out:

November 17th, 2007 - I found out that Erica Feldon was the publicist for STAKED. (She's absolutely great, BTW... and if you notice that I keep saying that about everyone, it's because I've been very fortunate!)

November 19th, 2007 - Author Questionnaire (See previous timeline)

Novmber 25, 2007 - Sent back filled out Author Questionnaire.

November 27th, 2007 - Got permission to post the cover art for STAKED to my blog and my website.

November 28th, 2007 - Got feedback from Jennifer assuring me that yes, I did give them the info that they were looking for when I filled out the Author Questionnaire.

December... I don't have any specific manuscript type details listed for December. I was working, though. I made a list of three hundred bookstores that I could get to with moderate ease so that I could contact them for possible signings in 2008. I also sent off some Christmas gifts, fought with my laptop, and took on the job of Pressbook editor for the SFWA.

January 5, 2008 - STAKED got its first review, a favorable one from Don D'ammassa about which I, my friends, my family, my agent, my editor, and my publicist were all suitable thrilled.

January 22, 2008 - I found out that the print run for STAKED was 15,000 copies, which is about three thousand copies more than I had theorized and "a respectable trade paperback genre number."

January 31, 2008 - Some slight weirdness happened with my Amazon.com listing. The description of the book was added, but it was followed by the bulk of the text from the first chapter. (As an asided, the great folks over a Pocket are working on getting it fixed. There's nothing hideously wrong, it just makes it take a really long time to scroll all the way down past the description.)

Somewhere in there, I also found out that my in-laws were going to throw me an Author Debut party on the day my book comes out.

A little after that, some of the bookmarks we'd ordered came in along with my new business cards and some fridge magnets. :)

February 12, 2008 - A day thaat shall live in infamy. Four copies of the final product were waiting for me on the front porch.

And that pretty much brings us up to date.

Best,

J

No comments: