Thursday, February 7, 2008

OmegaCon

OmegaCon is coming March 14-16, 2008 at Sheraton Birmingham... three days after my book comes out. How's that for timing? Check out the website here.

It has been a long time since Birmingham has had a local science fiction/fantasy convention and I hope it does well. We certainly have cool guests (myself included). The Literary guests cover the whole spectrum from David Drake, Ben Bova, Eric Flint, Alan Dean Foster, David Weber, Steven Brust, Sherrilyn Kenyon and tons more. I am currently scheduled to be on a panel about vampires with Sherrilyn Kenyon, on a panel about blogging with Lou Anders, and on a panel about working full time while writing with Bill Drinkard, another local Birmingham author whose book Elom comes out one week before Staked.

The last meeting before the con is happening February 16th and in the Atrium of the site hotel, and anyone who is interested in volunteering at the con should be there (if they are over 18). I know I will.

J

No comments: