Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gene Mollica's Staked cover

Now that Amazon has it posted on the pre-order page for the mass market version of Staked, I guess it's okay to post here. The folks over at Pocket were so pleased with the look of ReVamped's cover that they powers that be went ahead and tapped Gene Mollica to do a new cover for Staked... one was more in keeping with the look of the ReVamped cover. Here it is by itself:


And here it is side by side with the original Chris McGrath cover:

I like that Gene worked El Alma Perdida into the cover and that the scene is taking place outside. I also dig the way Chris McGrath gave his original cover such a cool classic noir feel.

So? What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, even better than the old cover! Both rock eitherway :)

Unknown said...

Guess that means I'll be buying another copy. :) That'll be 3 for me.

P.G. Holyfield said...

Wow, the new cover kicks ass! And great timing, as I just mentioned on ep. 41 of MaAH how much the cover of Revamped rocks!